A TASTE OF AMSTERDAM AT TWILIGHT
An Epic Night of Food, Drink and Stories. Eat Like a Local through Amsterdam's trendy Oud West neighbourhood.
Photos by FairAwayTravel - for accurate photos of the Taste of Amsterdam at Twilight Food Tour, CLICK HERE
A TASTE OF AMSTERDAM AT TWILIGHT - AN EPIC NIGHT OF FOOD, DRINK AND STORIES
We believe that you can fall in love with the sights and sounds of a city, but you don’t really get to know it until you taste it.
Our small group foodie tours take you into the lesser-known areas of the Dutch capital, so that you can meet the unique food vendors hidden down every street and alleyway.
As the sun begins to set, we will wander through the Oud West neighbourhood – a district characterised by elegant architecture, peaceful canals and offbeat bars and shops.
It feels like a small village – even though it’s right in the heart of the city.
This is an interactive experience – so we encourage you to be curious and ask as many questions as you like. It’s all about experiencing the city with all of your senses and learning about the unique foods Amsterdammers love.
You’ll sip, nibble, savour, chat and laugh and by the end of the evening you will have experienced what the Dutch call gezelligheid – enjoyable time spent in the company of good friends.
Cultural Insight: Amsterdam’s food scene is incredibly diverse. International cuisine such as Indonesian, French, Turkish and Moroccan dishes are just as common as traditional Dutch food.
• Meet Amir, the Iranian owner of a food truck at the Ten Katemarkt. He has perfected his hummus recipe for 20 years and it’s like nothing you’ve ever tasted.
• Sip a beautiful, creative G&T with fresh, botanical garnishes at the hip and historic Gin & Tonic Bar.
• Nibble on the classic Dutch beer snack “bitterballen” with a creative twist of truffle or bouillabaisse - as imagined by a Michelin starred chef.
• Meet Meike Schaling and her husband Patrice Andrieu, who make mini-cakes that are as sweet and delectable as they are cute and decorative.
• Enjoy the modern Mediterranean style meals cooked by chef and owner Simo Bouabgha inspired by his grandmother's Moroccan recipes and cooking.
• At Cafe Comodo, you'll savour Latin American tacos while sipping on a classic cocktail with a spin.
Helpful Hint: Many of our guests tell us that they wish they’d taken our tour earlier into their stay in Amsterdam because they discovered so many spots they wanted to return to. So consider scheduling your tour soon after arrival!
EXPERIENCE WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE A LOCAL IN AMSTERDAM
Let's make one of your favourite Amsterdam memories together.
As long as you give us 48 hours notice, we can change or fully refund your booking.
Upon booking you get our Food lovers guide to Amsterdam, then your local guide will give you his tips and picks to the best spots in town.
We are here for you from the moment you book, to provide you with local tips and help with any of your questions.
HOW TO ARRIVE
The food tour starts at the corner of Jan Hanzenstraat and Ten Katestraat, in Amsterdam’s trendy Oud West neighbourhood.
• How you get there is up to you (transport to the meeting point is not included).
• When you reserve your spot, we’ll give you the exact location of the meeting point.
• At the end of our tour, our guides can point you in the right direction or call a taxi for you (or give you a recommendation of what to see next nearby).
The food tour starts from the corner of Jan Hanzenstraat and Ten Katestraat, in Amsterdam's Oud West neighbourhood.
You can cancel at any time, up to two days (48 hours) before your scheduled tour and receive a full refund.
Our tours run Tuesday through Saturday (we are closed Sunday and Monday). There are no tours on Dutch National Holidays and during Jordaan neighbourhood festivals. Check our calendar for available dates.
Tuesdays to Saturdays
3.5 to 4 hours