TWILIGHT TESTACCIO: TASTY TRENDS
Cocktails, craft beers, and killer food at Rome’s trendiest spots.
Photos by FairAwayTravel - for accurate photos of the Twilight Testaccio: Tasty Trends Food Tour, CLICK HERE
TWILIGHT TESTACCIO: TASTY TRENDS
Roman cuisine (cucina romana) was born in Testaccio. So where better to eat your way through all that Rome has to offer than the city’s original foodie neighbourhood? Testaccio is not only home to the famous quinto quarto (offal) that Rome is renowned for; it’s also the place where you’ll get away from the tourist crowds and get a glimpse of daily life. Meanwhile, you’ll discover a hidden gem of a restaurant that’s set right into Monte Testaccio itself and find out what coda and trapizzino are (and, more importantly, what they taste like)!
Our movable feast through Testaccio is perfect for the adventurous foodie who’s looking to try something that pushes the boundaries beyond pizza and pasta. Our local guides will regale you with personal stories, fascinating history, and a unique glimpse into local Roman life. Plus, as this is an evening food tour, you can expect plenty of wine and spirits along the way! Why sit down to dinner when you can eat, learn and meet the locals all in one adventuresome evening?
• Live like a true local by trying real Roman street food.
• Enjoy a typical Italian aperitivo to kick off your evening.
• Get adventurous with Rome’s famous quinto quarto – offal! We promise you’ll love the coda (oxtail) if you try it.
• Dine in one of the neighbourhood’s best-kept secrets: a restaurant set into Monte Testaccio itself!
• Find out what all the fuss is about with the Romans’ favourite stuffed pizza-dough snack.
• Push your palate with cheeses and cured meats you’ve probably never heard of.
Taste authentic gelato (and learn how to tell it apart from the fake stuff!)
Plus: See Rome’s famous slaughterhouse, and the neighbourhood’s very own “mountain”.
Please note that this tour is in the same neighbourhood as the Taste of Testaccio food tour and has some similarities; therefore if you’re looking to also do a day tour we recommend participating in the Trastevere Stree Eats tour.
Also, our trapizzino stop is closed on Mondays so we visit an alternative stop.
Tour stops, tastings and numbers of tastings are likely to change slightly to reflect seasonal produce, vendor opening hours and availability.
EXPERIENCE REAL LIFE IN ROME
Let's make one of your favourite Rome memories together.
As long as you give us 48 hours notice, we can change or fully refund your booking.
Upon booking you get our Food lovers guide to Rome, then your local guide will give you her/his tips and picks to the best spots in town.
We are here for you from the moment you book, to provide you with local tips and help with any of your questions.
HOW TO ARRIVE
The food tour takes place in the neighbourhood of Testaccio, a 10-minute walk from the Piramide Metro Station.
• How you get there is up to you (transport to the meeting point is not included).
• When you reserve your spot, we’ll give you the exact location of the meeting point.
• At the end of our tour, our guides can point you in the right direction or call a taxi for you (or give you a recommendation of what to see next nearby).
Exact meeting address and detailed directions are provided with your booking confirmation. The tour ends not far from the meeting point.
You can cancel at any time, up to two days (48 hours) before your scheduled tour and receive a full refund.
Our tours run Monday through Saturday. There are no tours on Sundays, Italian National Holidays and 2-3 weeks in August. Check our calendar for available dates.
Mondays to Saturdays