TRASTEVERE STREET EATS FOR FOODIES
Savour a hand-picked selection of the best street food in Rome… right now.
Photos by FairAwayTravel - for accurate photos of the Trastevere Street Eats for Foodies, CLICK HERE
TRASTEVERE STREET EATS FOR FOODIES
Rome is known for having some of the country’s most loved street food. From ancient classics like supplí- fried risotto balls oozing with fresh mozzarella cheese to the trendy Trappizino – a hybrid of pizza and a calzone filled with signature Roman dishes like braised oxtail, you will enjoy them all. This unforgettable food and cultural experience will give you a taste of daily life in one of Rome’s most iconic neighbourhoods, Trastevere.
On this 3-hour stroll down Trastevere’s cobblestoned back streets we will indulge in the city’s best street food, at places locals still cherish and meet the colourful characters behind these classic eats and hear their amazing stories. If you are looking for a mouth-watering taste of Roman cuisine and culture, then share this unforgettable experience together.
• Sample the fresh ingredients at one of Rome’s most historic outdoor food markets.
• Meet the Polica family who have been selling meats and cheeses at Antica Caciara, their famous delicatessen since 1900.
• Find out quickly why Romans love their supplí (mouthwatering fried risotto ball).
• Visit Trastevere’s King of Porchetta, Piero Iacozzilli, and taste his mouthwatering roast pork and amazing cheeses.
• Meet Signora Vera, the neighbourhood resident pastry chef for 40 years, and taste what she created fresh that day.
• Try Rome’s hottest street-food trend, Trapizzino, a delectable pizza-dough treat.
• Discover Italy’s craft beer scene and sample from a selection of over 40 local beers.
• Savour Rome’s best gelato, made on-site using the freshest ingredients.
Please note that this tour is in the same neighbourhood as Twilight Trastevere, meaning there are some similarities. If you’d also like to do an evening tour, we recommend participating in the Twilight Testaccio tour.
Tour stops, tastings and numbers of tastings are likely to change slightly to reflect seasonal produce, vendor opening hours and availability.
EXPERIENCE REAL LIFE IN ROME
Let's make one of your favourite Rome memories together.
As long as you give us 48 hours notice, we can change or fully refund your booking.
Upon booking you get our food lover's guide to Rome, then your local guide will give you his/her tips and picks to the best spots in town.
We are here for you from the moment you book, to provide you with local tips and help with any of your questions.
HOW TO ARRIVE
The food tour takes place in the neighbourhood of Trastevere which is well connected by public transport. Exact meeting address and detailed directions are provided with your booking confirmation.
• How you get there is up to you (transport to the meeting point is not included).
• When you reserve your spot, we’ll give you the exact location of the meeting point.
• At the end of our tour, our guides can point you in the right direction or call a taxi for you (or give you a recommendation of what to see next nearby).
The food tour starts in the Trastevere neighbourhood and ends not far from the starting point.
You can cancel at any time, up to two days (48 hours) before your scheduled tour and receive a full refund.
Our tours run Monday through Saturday. There are no tours on Sundays, Italian National Holidays and 2-3 weeks in August. Check our calendar for available dates.
Mondays to Saturdays