TASTE OF TESTACCIO FOOD TOUR
Share a genuine taste of local life in this iconic city.
Photos by FairAwayTravel - for accurate photos of the Taste of Testaccio Food Tour, CLICK HERE
TASTE OF TESTACCIO
Known to locals as the “heart of Rome”, Testaccio is the city’s original foodie neighbourhood and where cucina romana (Roman cuisine) was born. Our guided 4-hour walking food tour lets you experience Rome like a local, in an authentic neighbourhood where people live, eat and shop.
You’ll get to escape the crowds and really get a glimpse of daily life while tasting the best of what the city has to offer. You’ll visit our local market and meet the vendors who have been there for generations, and taste the most delicious pasta you’ve ever had (no joke). You’ll also be sampling everything from classic Italian dishes to a typical Roman street food snack. Along the way, your local guide will entertain and educate you with stories and insights into Rome’s culture and history, while exploring the city’s most fascinating offbeat landmarks. There is no better way to really live like a local than on our Taste of Testaccio Food Tour.
• Sample Italian cheeses, prosciutto, salami and even olive oil.
• Savour Rome’s 3 most famous pasta dishes with wine at Flavio al Velavevodetto.
• Experience real Roman street food – supplì (fried risotto ball).
• Visit Rome’s Pyramid of Cestius and learn about ancient Rome’s oldest food neighbourhood.
• Make your own bruschetta and try real buffalo mozzarella at the famous Testaccio Market.
• Become a gelato–tasting expert by learning how to spot the fake stuff from the real thing.
• Try authentic Roman craft beer.
• Start the day the Italian way at a local bakery.
Plus: See Rome’s only Pyramid, John Keats’ mysterious tomb, the birthplace of Rome’s mob gang and much much more.
Please note that this tour is in the same neighbourhood as Twilight Testaccio, meaning there are some similarities. If you’d also like to do an evening tour, we recommend participating in the Twilight Trastevere tour.
Tour stops, tastings and numbers of tastings are likely to change slightly to reflect seasonal produce, vendor opening hours and availability.
EXPERIENCE REAL LIFE IN ROME
Let's make one of your favourite Rome memories together.
As long as you give us 48 hours notice, we can change or fully refund your booking.
Upon booking you get our food lover's guide to Rome, then your local guide will give you her/his tips and picks to the best spots in town.
We are here for you from the moment you book, to provide you with local tips and help with any of your questions.
HOW TO ARRIVE
The food tour takes place in the neighbourhood of Testaccio, a 10-minute walk from the Piramide Metro Station.
• How you get there is up to you (transport to the meeting point is not included).
• When you reserve your spot, we’ll give you the exact location of the meeting point.
• At the end of our tour, our guides can point you in the right direction or call a taxi for you (or give you a recommendation of what to see next nearby).
Exact meeting address and detailed directions are provided with your booking confirmation. The tour ends not far from the meeting point.
You can cancel at any time, up to two days (48 hours) before your scheduled tour and receive a full refund.
Our tours run Monday through Saturday. There are no tours on Sundays, Italian National Holidays and 2-3 weeks in August. Check our calendar for available dates.
Mondays to Saturdays