ROME SUNDAY FOOD TOUR
A delicious taste of traditional Roman cooking in the historic heart of Rome.
Photos by FairAwayTravel - for accurate photos of the Rome Sunday Food Tour, CLICK HERE
ROME SUNDAY FOOD TOUR
Make the most of the whole weekend in Rome by taking a Sunday food tour where you can enjoy a range of tastings through the ancient city centre and discover some of Rome’s most important sights along the way. Stop in at local food institutions and bakeries – where you will watch sweet delicacies being made on the spot. Discover the history of the oldest Jewish community in Europe dating back to the Roman Empire, which was confined by the papacy to live in the Ghetto from 1555.
Try iconic Jewish-Roman dishes like fried artichokes, and learn how they developed and influenced the local cuisine. Finish the tour with gelato, made with the finest Italian ingredients, at a local institution. Join us for a glimpse – and more than just a taste! – of Rome’s flavourful culinary history in one of its oldest and most delicious food neighbourhoods.
• Visit a historic Jewish pastry shop and watch as the chefs work their magic.
• Experience Roman-style pizza at a local institution.
• Learn about Italy’s recent craft beer craze and sample some of our favourite local brews.
• Have a breakfast treat the Italian way at an iconic bakery.
• Sit down at a favourite Kosher-style restaurant for two Jewish-Roman classics done the real way.
• Taste mouth-watering gelato made from the best ingredients.
• Admire the layers of Rome’s architecture - from the Empire’s greatest temple ruins to stunning Renaissance fountains and Baroque masterpieces.
• Gain important insights and tips into how to eat like a true Roman.
Tour stops, tastings and numbers of tastings are likely to change slightly to reflect seasonal produce, vendor opening hours and availability.
EXPERIENCE REAL LIFE IN ROME
Let's make one of your favourite Rome memories together.
As long as you give us 48 hours notice, we can change or fully refund your booking.
Upon booking you get our food lover's guide to Rome, then your local guide will give you her/his tips and picks to the best spots in town.
We are here for you from the moment you book, to provide you with local tips and help with any of your questions.
HOW TO ARRIVE
The food tour takes place in the Jewish Ghetto, a 10-minute walk from sights such as the Colosseum and Piazza Venezia.
• How you get there is up to you (transport to the meeting point is not included).
• When you reserve your spot, we’ll give you the exact location of the meeting point.
• At the end of our tour, our guides can point you in the right direction or call a taxi for you (or give you a recommendation of what to see next nearby).
Exact meeting address and detailed directions are provided with your booking confirmation. The tour ends not far from the meeting point.
You can cancel at any time, up to two days (48 hours) before your scheduled tour and receive a full refund.
The tour runs every Sunday. There are no tours on Italian National Holidays and 2-3 weeks in August. Check our calendar for available dates.