PRAGUE FOOD TOUR
Old-world charm & history told through local cuisine you’re sure to love.
Photos by FairAwayTravel - for accurate photos of the Prague Food Tour, CLICK HERE
PRAGUE FOOD TOUR
We venture to guess that most people don’t have a ton of knowledge on Prague. It’s a city waiting to be discovered, full of mysteries and intrigue. What do people eat? What are they passionate about? What is the culture like? Let’s explore the local neighborhoods together and unravel some of the mystery. We can’t get enough of our city. Our Old and New Towns offer a rare mix of old-world charm and fascinating recent history waiting to be enjoyed by all who visit. Together, we’ll walk along the cobblestone streets and explore the intricacies of our people and culture while enjoying the depth of our wonderful cuisine. Get a unique glimpse into daily life while you meet the locals and go behind the scenes to get a taste of Prague you won’t soon forget. Explore hidden churches, contemporary art and local treasures folded into side streets and alleys. You’ll uncover landmarks never seen in the guidebooks and leave feeling sated and fulfilled.
Our 4-hour walking food tour of this glorious city takes in plenty of authentic food tastings from amazing, locally-loved food stops. You’ll taste some incredible Czech desserts, get a real understanding of why Prague is famous for its open-faced sandwiches, and soak up some serious history in a café that dates back to the beginning of the 20th century and has played host to dozens of famous historical figures. Take a break from being a tourist and experience the real Prague with us.
• Enjoy one of Prague’s best loved desserts and find out why the Czechs lay claim to it.
• Taste Prague’s finest, freshest, all natural meat products in the city’s most beloved butcher shop covered in glass, so you can watch old-world techniques at work.
• Dine in a café (dating back to the early 20th century) that’s welcomed Franz Kafka, Albert Einstein and a host of famous writers.
• Experience traditional Czech dumplings and braised beef – a slice of Czech history on a plate.
• Visit the store that’s single-handedly reviving Prague’s gingerbread tradition, and taste their delicious regional cookies.
• Discover one of the hottest new entrants to the Prague food scene, Sisters, and their incredible open-face sandwiches.
• Seize the opportunity to taste classic Czech drinks – including the city’s famous pivo (beer!)
• Plus: Visit the upside-down horse and view the unique works of the country’s greatest contemporary artist.
EXPERIENCE REAL LIFE IN PRAGUE
Every step of the journey has been mapped out by your expert local tour guide. All you have to do is arrive at the meeting point, ready to experience the city like a local.
Let's make one of your favourite Prague memories together.
As long as you give us 48 hours notice, we can change or fully refund your booking.
Upon booking you get our Food lovers guide to Prague, then your local guide will give you his tips and picks to the best spots in town.
We are here for you from the moment you book, to provide you with local tips and help with any of your questions.
HOW TO ARRIVE
• Transportation to and from the food tour is not included, and we are unable to arrange this for you.
• Detailed information for how to arrive to the meeting point will be provided at time of booking.
• At the end of the food tour, our guides are always more than happy to call a taxi for you or point you in the right direction.
The Tour departs from "Pernickuv sen" - a gingerbread lovers' dream - at Hastalska 21.
Cancellations made 2 days prior to the scheduled tour date are fully refundable. Our food tours run regardless of weather conditions – rain, hail or shine!
This tour does not run on Sunday – see calendar for available dates.
Mondays to Saturdays