PARIS HIP EATS & BACKSTREETS FOOD TOUR
Join this Paris Food Tour across three hip neighbourhoods. Wander through backstreets, try diverse food and rub shoulders with Parisians.
Photos by FairAwayTravel - for accurate photos of the Paris Hip Eats & Backstreets Food Tour, CLICK HERE
EAT YOUR WAY AROUND THE CITY OF LIGHT LIKE A TRUE PARISIAN
A focus on fresh ingredients, a nod to tradition, a bold attitude towards new trends, and a diverse international influence – cuisine in the French capital will knock your béret clean off.
But to find it, you’ll need to venture into authentic local neighbourhoods. Join us to discover the real culinary treats of Paris.
We want to help you experience what life is really like in this iconic city by discovering the local places we love, meeting the people that bring them to life and tasting the foods everybody in Paris is talking about right now. Join one of our small groups of curious travellers like you for an experience you will share together and bring back home with you.
From creative Croque Monsieurs to charcuterie and award-winning pastries, our friendly tour guide will introduce you to some of the most passionate tastemakers in this cultural hotspot.
You’ll meet people who have created culinary businesses with their bare hands, constantly playing with flavours and techniques to make something delicious and unique.
You’ll also have time to hear stories and talk to each culinary entrepreneur – giving you a chance to really get to know these local artisans.
Listen to their stories, taste local life and celebrate the love of food together.
• Taste a classic “Croque-Monsieur” melted-cheese sandwich with an innovative modern twist.
• Meet and talk to passionate local food heroes.
• Discover cheese-making traditions in a 17th century cellar.
• Dine on fluffy couscous at a traditional Algerian restaurant - one of the top three most-eaten dishes in Paris.
• Sample cured meats from the Savoie region paired with pickles, baguette and a fine glass of Loire valley red.
• Marvel at the display of elegant, artfully decorated desserts - and of course, indulge in one too!
• Wander through charming backstreets and take in the views at the vibrant Haut-Marais, where beautiful people come to see and be seen.
EXPERIENCE REAL LIFE IN PARIS
Every step of the journey has been mapped out by your expert local tour guide. All you have to do is arrive at the meeting point, ready to experience the city like a local.
Let's make one of your favourite Paris memories together.
As long as you give us 48 hours notice, we can change or fully refund your booking.
Upon booking you get our Food lovers guide to Paris, then your local guide will give you his tips and picks to the best spots in town.
We are here for you from the moment you book, to provide you with local tips and help with any of your questions.
HOW TO ARRIVE
We start our tour in the Saint-Quentin Market, an area buzzing with local life and historically significant food, before moving on to vibrant Canal Saint-Martin, bursting with new trends and the meeting point for Parisians, young and old.
• How you get there is up to you (transport to the meeting point is not included)
• When you reserve your spot, we’ll give you the exact location of the meeting point.
• At the end of our tour, our guides can point you in the right direction or call a taxi for you (or give you a recommendation of what to see next nearby)
Your journey begins at the meeting point, right next to Saint-Vincent-de-Paul church in front of Le Café De L’église.
You can cancel at any time, up to two days (48 hours) before your scheduled tour and receive a full refund.
Our tours run Tuesday through Saturday (we are closed Sunday and Monday). There are no tours on National Holidays and during some weeks in August. Check our calendar for available dates.
Tuesdays to Saturdays