AMSTERDAM JORDAAN FOOD TOUR
A non-touristy culinary walking tour featuring uniquely Dutch delicacies in the historic Jordaan neighbourhood.
Photos by FairAwayTravel - for accurate photos of the Amsterdam Jordaan Food Tour, CLICK HERE
AMSTERDAM JORDAAN FOOD TOUR
You have to meet the people of the Jordaan to understand why it’s one of our favourite neighbourhoods in Amsterdam. It’s humble, working class beginnings helped shape this neighbourhood into the historic, authentic, delicious, friendly neighbourhood it is today. We want to help you explore and dig deep into this 17th- century neighbourhood, just off the beaten path and away from the hustle and bustle of tourists. We’ll introduce you to our locals in the very same shops and cafes they’ve been running for generations. (You’ll even experience their uniquely Jordanian sense of humour!) You’ll visit hidden courtyards, wander tiny back streets, and watch the boats drift by on the canals. Our local guides love to tell you their own Amsterdam stories, enhancing your experience while you eat, drink and walk along our canals with friends. Take a break from being a tourist and experience the real Amsterdam with us.
Our 3.5-hour Jordaan Food Tour is so much more than meets the eye: it’s a guided walk through the unique cultural and historical sights of the Jordaan neighbourhood; and it’s a substantial meal in the form of a dozen delicious Dutch tastings from plenty of authentic foodie stops along the way – all in one!
• Find out why Café Papeneiland has been in business for almost 400 years (clue: it might have something to do with the apple pie!)
• Discover the other side of “Dutch” cuisine: Indonesia and Surinames.
• Taste Amsterdam’s best smoked sausage from a family-run butchery that’s been in business for over a century.
• Eat herring “the Amsterdam way” (not to be confused with the Rotterdam way!)
• Indulge in a traditional stroopwafel that will leave you wanting more.
• Taste some world-famous gouda cheese from a shop where you can find just about any cheese your heart desires.
• Try beer from our local brewery along with our favorite Dutch borrelhapjes, and find out what that means on the tour!
• Experience a real Jordaan café in a converted canal house, and witness Dutch hospitality at its finest.
Plus: See where Anne Frank famously lived during the Second World War, find hidden churches, and discover what used to be in the Jordaan area hundreds of years ago…
Please note that this walking food tour shares many of the same stops as the Jordaan Food & Canals Tour; therefore we do not recommend participating in both.
EXPERIENCE WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE A LOCAL IN AMSTERDAM
Let's make one of your favourite Amsterdam memories together.
As long as you give us 48 hours notice, we can change or fully refund your booking.
Upon booking you get our Food lovers guide to Amsterdam, then your local guide will give you their tips and picks to the best spots in town.
We are here for you from the moment you book, to provide you with local tips and help with any of your questions.
HOW TO ARRIVE
The food tour starts from Cafe de Prins in the Jordaan neighbourhood, a 10-minute walk from Amsterdam Centraal Station. The food tour ends not far from the meeting point and we can point you towards public transport or call you a taxi afterwards.
• How you get there is up to you (transport to the meeting point is not included).
• When you reserve your spot, we’ll give you the exact location of the meeting point.
• At the end of our tour, our guides can point you in the right direction or call a taxi for you (or give you a recommendation of what to see next nearby).
The food tour starts from Cafe de Prins in the Jordaan neighbourhood, a 10-minute walk from Amsterdam Centraal Station.
You can cancel at any time, up to two days (48 hours) before your scheduled tour and receive a full refund.
Our tours run Tuesday through Saturday (we are closed Sunday and Monday). There are no tours on Dutch National Holidays and during Jordaan neighbourhood festivals. Check our calendar for available dates.
Tuesdays to Saturdays