AMSTERDAM FOOD & CANALS TOUR
Join us for a food tour in Amsterdam - a non-touristy culinary canal tour in the most beautiful neighbourhood with food and drink tastings of Dutch cuisine.
Photos by FairAwayTravel - for accurate photos of the Amsterdam Food & Canals Tour, CLICK HERE
AMSTERDAM FOOD & CANALS TOUR
We’ll take you away from the guidebooks to our favourite local haunts. We’ll take you behind the scenes and introduce you to the families keeping Dutch food traditions alive and we’ll explore architecture and little-known historical sites along the way, satisfying the most curious of visitors. Our guides love to tell you their own Amsterdam stories, enhancing your experience while you eat, drink and walk (and boat!) along our canals with friends. Let’s dig into Amsterdam together and explore this historic city in all its glory.
Our 4-hour Amsterdam Food & Canals Tour is a guided walk through the unique cultural and historical sights of Amsterdam; it’s an hour-long, private boat trip through Amsterdam’s world heritage canals; and it’s a substantial meal in the form of a dozen delicious Dutch tastings from plenty of authentic foodie stops along the way – all in one!
• Take in the city from Amsterdam’s UNESCO world heritage canals – on-board an antique wooden boat!
• Try some typically Dutch delicacies en route — gouda cheese and bitterballen — washed down with cider and beer.
• Discover the other side of “Dutch” cuisine: Indonesia and Suriname and find out why the Dutch love their spicy food so much.
• Taste Amsterdam’s best meat (especially the sausages!) from a family-run butchery that’s been in business for over a century.
• Eat herring “the Amsterdam way” (not to be confused with the Rotterdam way!).
• Experience Amsterdam in a converted canal house, and witness Dutch hospitality at its finest.
EXPERIENCE WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE A LOCAL IN AMSTERDAM
Every step of the journey has been mapped out by your expert local tour guide. All you have to do is arrive at the meeting point, ready to experience the city like a local.
Let's make one of your favourite Amsterdam memories together.
As long as you give us 48 hours notice, we can change or fully refund your booking.
Upon booking you get our Food Lover's Guide to Amsterdam, then your local guide will give you his tips and picks to the best spots in town.
We are here for you from the moment you book, to provide you with local tips and help with any of your questions.
HOW TO ARRIVE
Our tour takes place in Amsterdam, exploring local neighbourhoods and cruising the canals.
• How you get there is up to you (transport to the meeting point is not included).
• When you reserve your spot, we’ll give you the exact location of the meeting point.
• At the end of our tour, our guides can point you in the right direction or call a taxi for you (or give you a recommendation of what to see next nearby).
The food tour ends not far from the meeting point and we can point you towards public transport or call you a taxi afterwards.
You can cancel at any time, up to two days (48 hours) before your scheduled tour and receive a full refund.
Tours are not held on Sundays, Mondays and Dutch National Holidays. To keep our boat in ship-shape, we run fewer canal tours in January and February so that our boat can be cleaned and maintained during the winter months. Please check booking page for available dates.
Tuesdays to Saturdays